Friday, July 6, 2007

Journal Entry #6


I didn't know that many americans think that Independent day is the most important day. Actually when I was young, I thought which the most important day it is. Because in Korea there are two big holidays such as Seol-nal which is the first day of the lunar calender and Chu-suk which thanks to moon and ancestors. At that days most korean families come togather and enjoy the days. And we thank our ancestors. Here is different with our country. Our country lays emphasis on appreciation to ancestors. But in my opinion here is more enjoyable themselves. It is a different culture. Korean think if someone is succeed, of course it is good for him/herself. But they thank to their ancestors. I don't know american's thinking. I mean Korean is more collective. It may be not only Korean, but also other asian. Anyway most American enjoyed thiers holiday. Next year I will enjoy more like American.

No comments: